In light of everything happening around the world, specifically in regards to COVID-19, we’re taking preventive measures to help “flatten the curve” as you’ve most likely heard somewhere in the media. The health and safety of our entire community is our highest priority.
First – we’ve been in frequent contact with the NBA and Detroit Pistons. Our #CleanDetroit Night Fundraiser with the Detroit Pistons is unfortunately, postponed until further notice. When the game is rescheduled, the tickets you have purchased will be honored. If the game is cancelled or played in an empty-arena (game where attendees aren’t allowed), you will have the option to receive a credit for a future game or a full refund.
Next – although we haven’t officially announced any of our planned 2020 volunteer cleanup events yet (our Pistons fundraiser was going to be the “release party” for our schedule), we’re postponing them indefinitely and will be reviewing each one on a case-by-case basis. Essentially, all of our 2020 cleanups are contingent on the developing future.
We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus.
In an effort to spread awareness, even though you probably have already heard from 1,000 other sources, here are the steps you can take to help improve your safety:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 30 seconds
- Stay home if you are sick and advise others to do the same
- Always cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your upper sleeve
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people, especially those who are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces multiple times throughout the day
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and adjust our schedule accordingly. Continue to follow us on Facebook for future updates.
Our fulfillment partners are implementing safety precautions to protect their employees during this pandemic. Fulfillment centers around the US are running at reduced or very limited capacity. Please expect extended fulfillment and delivery time during this pandemic.
Precautions our fulfillment partners have taken include:
- Reducing employee capacity
- Staggering shifts
- Maintaining a 6-foot distance between each station
- Setting up partitions at tables in break rooms
- Distributing PPE such as safety masks and gloves
- Providing an On-Site Wellness Clinic
- Continuing to follow guidelines from the CDC, WHO, US Department of State, local governments and health agencies
We hope you all stay safe!
Clean Detroit 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization